Great Barrier Relief is a skin-soothing serum that restores your damaged skin barrier while evening out your complexion. This nourishing formula offers irritated skin a reset button by using tamanu oil and other ingredients that mimic a healthy barrier to replenish what your skin lacks.
Who needs it
Someone who needs to press reset on their irritated skin. More specifically:
- who washes their face more than twice a day
- who overdoes skincare by using harsh acne treatments or anti-aging products too often
- whose skin is constantly dehydrated
- who has constant redness and dry patches
- who is sensitive to many skincare products
- who has chronic stress (yes, cortisol affects the skin barrier too!)
- who is looking to get rid of hyperpigmentation
- who has aging or mature skin
- anyone who intends to maintain a healthy skin barrier function
- who has skin problems associated with a damaged skin barrier
How to Use:
Apply one or two pumps of Great Barrier Relief before your moisturizer or in replacement of your moisturizer. No rules, really! Reach for Great Barrier Relief whenever your skin is feeling irritated and don’t forget to remove those sensitizing products from your routine.
How to #PressReset on *EXTREMELY* Irritated Skin with Great Barrier Relief.
* The following steps only apply to those who have severely damaged skin-barrier that literally every product they apply stings and irritate.
- Drop every skincare product you’re using.
Take a break from cleansing, which also means no makeup or sunscreen during this period.
(If you need to wash your face, use lukewarm water and gently rinse. Use distilled water if you live in a place where tap water is too harsh or unfiltered! Please don't be surprised by the 'skipping sunscreen' advice! It's a very common dermatology practice to advise patients to drop everything including sunscreen when the patient is dealing with an extreme skin condition. When your skin-barrier is damaged, the permeability of the skin increases. The chemical UV filters can easily sink in and further sensitize the skin and nowadays, most conventional mineral sunscreens use nano/micro UV filters which can easily get absorbed into the skin too. And sunscreens that are formulated with other potential irritants can exacerbate the problem so we're eliminating all the potentially problematic factors to really give your skin a reset!)
- Use Great Barrier Relief morning and night until your skin has reset and feels relieved and relaxed.
- Start adding back your core essentials once your skin is healed: Cleanser, Moisturizer and SPF.
Literally saved my skin from my dry patches. Already bought another bottle for backup cuz i love it so much.
The only complaint I have about this serum is ot should come in a bigger bottle!This is my third purchase and this serum has saved my face countless times!If you haven't try it I dont know what you're waiting for.You guys are missing out on a holy grail.
Loved this emulsion serum. Makes my skin feel super hydrated all day long and also helped with improving my skin barrier and breakouts. Definitely recommended.
This serum is amazing. Skin become smooth and supple. It also help to reduce redness and inflammation. Recommend layering this right after AHA/BHA. Healing serum! Not regret buying.
Love this product! It really helps when I have a breakout, my skin calms down really fast. It also helps in correcting my skin barrier when I overexfoliate. Good to be used as a serum and a moisturizer!